Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Pillows and ID Holder

The past few days have been busy in the sewing room. Unfortunately for you (but good for me!) most of the things are gifts, so can't be revealed yet. You will have to wait til Christmas. I guess the rain from the off coast storms have made my brain realize that summer is ending.

Somethings I can show are these two pillow shams. They will be sent off tomorrow for a birthday gift. They are a combination of Vera Bradley fabrics and some Amy Butler fabrics as well. I really love the vibrant 16-square pillow. I'm thinking I may need to make myself 2 of these for the pillows in my sewing room.

I finally made an ID card/cash holder to match my latest ACU tote. If you haven't realized, I love things to match. There are slots on the inside for cards and cash, and then there is a handy vinyl pocket on the outside for ID. It is extremely important to always have ID handy as a military spouse. Your life practically depends on your ID.




In other news I'm excited for the upcoming weekend. My sister is meant to come for a visit! I don't really know what we will do, but I'm sure we can find somewhere to wonder. Also, next weekend my dear husband and I have booked a little getaway to Hilton Head Island, SC. I'm excited to hit up the beach and can now only hope that we will have good weather!

No comments: