Thursday, October 15, 2009

Diaper Bag

I continuosly find myself wondering how time can pass so quickly between my posts, but I guess having a 4-day weekend this past weekend kind of threw me off a bit. My routine goes all helter kelter when my husband is home from work when its not his "normal" time to be home. I am not complaining though because I'm very happy to have him home (opposed to Iraq or Afghanistan).

I've been working on gifts again, so the lack of projects to report on are due to that. I have been sporting my Autumn Purse and have been getting many positive comments. I really do love how it turned out. I bought some more fabrics to make some more "civilian"purses. I am anxious to get to work on them. Before I could start creating for myself, I had a to create a diaper bag ordered by a friend made out of denim. Using fabric rather than a uniform takes about the same amount of time to complete. I put some extra details on this diaper bag, so it actually took a little longer than normal. I'm pleased with the way it turned out. I hope the recipient will love it as much as I do.


Along with the diaper bag there is a taggie blanket and changing pad. I was pleased to use my new sewing labels as well.

The interior fabric is construction themed. I used a mixture of 3 different interior fabrics.

Well, now I need to get this order in the mail and off to Texas!

No comments: