Thursday, February 11, 2010

It's Snowing...Off to Dongdaemun

It's pretty cold out today and people are a little crazy because it is snowing, but weather can't stop us from hopping on the subway and heading to Dongdaemun. Each time I go there (this was my 3rd time) I feel more comfortable and slightly less lost. It helps when I go with people that know where to go too. My mission today was to look for home decor fabrics to cover the dining chairs. I wasn't too successful. I think I need to wait until the sofa and lounge chair covers get here to make any decisions. I did see some awesome fabrics though.

Today, I set out to buy some fabrics for my mom. She is making a quilt for a teenager. I tried to get a variety of bold colors.
For myself I bought just a couple of yards to go with fabrics I already have.
I also bought this really cute measuring tape. It has both inches and centimeters. You pull the legs for the tape to come out and then push the nose and the tape rolls back up. I thought it was cute.
That's all for today. I'm off to try and stay warm!

No comments: