Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Quilt Crazy

The past few days have been very productive! What started out as "just trying" out a couple of quilt blocks has turned into a fairly large lap quilt! I have made 64 blocks total, which will make a quilt measuring roughly 64"x64". I don't think it looks bad for my first quilt. Now I need to get batting and backing fabric before I can quilt it. My dilemma is, what color thread should I use to quilt it? I think I will look for red backing, so should I use red thread? What do you think? I also need to think of a name for this quilt. I love the vibrant colors mixed with the ACU. I think this quilt will make a lovely picnic blanket and matches the ACU tote I blogged about previously. Decisions...decisions...

New Fabric! Fabrics from Hong Kong arrived today! They are all Vera Bradley fabrics. These tend to be difficult to find, but the person I bought these from was quite reasonable. They are 60" wide yards, which is fairly large too! I don't know what I will make with these fabrics yet, but I'm thinking they will be put to good use. Perhaps Christmas gifts? I know it's only July, but I've started to think about Christmas. I have some time now to complete things, so I need to start thinking!
Aren't these fabrics gorgeous? I love the colors and mixture I selected.


Bags? Quilts? Gifts? What will you turn in to? Do you have any suggestions?

Well, that's all for now. I am off to create some more!

No comments: