Friday, October 30, 2009

Prepping for Halloween

The past two weeks have been very busy. I spent about a week at my friend's house caring for her brood of children (2 boys) and dogs (2 dogs). My friend and her husband had a wedding to attend in Ireland, so I took on the challenge of keeping things going on the homefront. The days went quickly because each day I had visitors or activities going on. I also got to do quite a bit of retail therapy during the daytime in the great shopping places of Atlanta. There are so many amazing places to shop in Atlanta. It's a good thing I don't live there permanently! While in Atlanta we also went to the Aquarium. For being in a large city, the Aquarium is very nice. I think I still prefer the Boston Aquarium or even better scuba diving. I will make do with what is available. After my experience, I've also confirmed my decision further about dog ownership. My Husband would love to get a dog, but I've always objected due to our on-the-go and unpredictable lifestyle. After both of us picking up poop for six days (from 2 larger sized dogs) and having to wake up extra early (even on the weekends) to take the dogs out to pee, I think the dog idea is on a back burner for awhile.

Oh how I wish I could be scuba diving--- Picture of me from Cozumel, Mexico

Sisters0003
Ok, now on to the projects... I've been working on some scrappy napkins for "Thanksgiving". We won't be home for Thanksgiving, I decided to make some for the celebration we are hosting the night before. My parents will be visiting my sister in South Carolina and are going to stop in to see us the night before Thanksgiving. That day also just happens to be my dear hubby's birthday, so we definitely need to celebrate. I'm really excited for his birthday since he spent the last two birthdays in Iraq. Also these napkins are match the table runner and autumn banners I created previously.I used different decorative stitching as top stitching. There are four different top stitching styles that I chose. I used a nice chocolate brown cotton for the napkin backs.
The whole set of eight. I like how each one is slightly different from the next. They aren't perfect, but who will care?!
Here is a picture of the whole ensemble. The banner, table runner and napkins.
I've also been working on our costumes for Halloween. My husband and I are attending a costume party, so we wanted to have a little fun with our choices. We looking through stores and online costume catalogues, but we decided I could make the costumes 1. cheaper 2. with better quality materials that the stores offer and 3. mine would just be "cooler." So here are the costumes hanging and ready. Can you tell what super couple we are going to be? I hope you can figure it out because I'm not going to tell you what they are right now. I will post photos after we get to don them. Enjoy Halloween. Stay safe with whatever you are doing!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice table setting! Can't wait to see you! Your costumes look good..can't wait to see them on you! Gee...I wonder who taught you how to sew! Hee hee!!!!