Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Visiting Fall

Life has been a whirlwind since my last post. I officially got to experience a Northeastern Fall this year, so I'm feeling happy and rejuvenated. I didn't realize how much I truly enjoy fall until getting to have a taste of it again this year. There are few things more beautiful than a New York autumn full of vibrant colors. On Thursday (Oct. 1) I traveled to New York with several missions in mind. 1. Visit family 2.Visit friends 3. Shop! Now that I'm back, all of my missions have been accomplished.

I was able to visit with my grandparents and wish my grandmother a 1 day late Birthday in person and spend quality "retail therapy" time with my mom at Woodbury Commons Outlet mall (I love shopping at this outlet!). Over the weekend I traveled to my alma mater and visited friends that I haven't seen since graduation.

Country Road on the way to Hamilton College. Can you see the vibrant orange in the trees?
It can be difficult to drive and take pictures.

The drive to Hamilton was beautiful. I traveled by many farms and trees full of color. I wanted to stop many times to just take it all in.

A true sign of Fall!

There were so many changes at Hamilton. A brand new athletic facility where I once had Organic Chemistry lab, a missing road, a water feature inside a building - certain to have many pranks courtesy of campus Greeks, and an orange "red pit" that now resembles a Vera Bradley pattern gone wrong. I enjoyed seeing some of my college friends and look forward to another reunion at the end of the year before I head to Korea.


I also think friendships made in college are the lasting kind. I hadn't seen these girls in over three years and it seemed like we hadn't missed a beat. It's nice to have friends that no matter the time or distance you can just pick up where you left off.

No comments: