Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Waiting

My creativity is starting to bottle up a bit, so while we continue to wait for housing and our household goods to arrive in Korea, I was able to find some more photos of projects made for holiday gifts. (I'm still trying to track down photos of some projects - my bad!)

First up is a personalized pillowcase made for my friend's son. He loves the color blue (it's more like his obsession), and his father is in the Army, so I used ACU for the trim.
Here is a close-up of the machine name applique. I wish I had a machine that could have done all the letters without me having to place each one individually. What looks like a 'simple' project took much longer because each letter was completed separately.

I made a second pillow case using red as the base for the brother to the blue pillowcase. Again, the name wasn't short. I will try to get a picture of that pillowcase as well. I love the burrito method of making pillowcases! They are so easy! Below are images of my mother's "Brick" quilt in progress. The couches in my parents home are pottery barn classic red couches, so I made her quilt to match. I was also able to find some Mesa Red Vera Bradley fabric (retired) since my mom has quite a few bags with this Vera pattern.
The strips in a row.
I used the vinyl tiles as a grid in the kitchen of our townhouse to center the backing. I would tape the backing to the floor. I don't really like using basting spray, so this is one way to try to prevent puckers in the quilt back.All the layers together. I love to use cotton (Warm and Natural) batting in my quilts. Cotton batting makes the quilts very warm. I don't like the synthetic feeling of polyester.

Now I just need to have a picture of the finished quilt! That's all for now.

No comments: