Friday, January 29, 2010

Dongdaemun

I don't think it is possible to express how amazing it is to live in Korea especially when you love to sew! Dongdaemun market is sewing heaven! Can you image five floors, one city block wide of booth after booth of fabric, buttons, zippers, and sewing hardware? Nothing I know exists like this in the US, which is all the more reason why I am loving Korea!
Rows and rows of possibilities!

A Korean man carries bolts of fabric on his back. Then the bolts are loaded on to a scooter! It is an amazing sight and a feat beyond scientific explanation!
Happy with my first purchases at Dongdaemun.

Today, several of the wonderful ladies from the Yongsan Quilting group provided me with my first shopping Dongdaemun experience. It requires a lot of will power to not immediately run in a million directions and purchase everything in sight. Don't worry, I was well behaved and was good about only purchasing a few pieces of fabric along with two pieces of hardware to try to make some small clutches.
My loot! I couldn't resist the Vera fabrics and cute frogs.

I am looking forward to all the new project possibilities and many more trips to Dongdaemun.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

I'm jealous. Although I've given up on sewing for the time being since my pants came out terribly wrong...