Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Year, New Country

It's certainly been awhile since my last post, but with moving 1/2 the way around the world... I've been busy. We arrived last night in Korea and I'm excited to start life in our new home.  Before the holidays I was very busy created projects for Christmas.  I made a quilt for my mom and mother-in-law, small personalized stockings for a Christmas Eve party, coffee cozy, passport covers, and snack bags. I also had the joy of getting a massive stomach bug at the same time our household was being packed, so I neglected to take photos of some of the items I made.  I will add the photos as I get them.

Coffee coozie.  Or any other beverage of choice!

All the small stockings hung in a row.  They were each personalized.
Backside of the quilt made for my mother-in-law.  I used a little ACU fabric in the back piece, so add a tiny bit of military to the quilt.   
The front of the pinwheel quilt for my mother-in-law. 

My DH helped hand sew the binding on his mother's quilt.  (Photo evidence!)

My last two commissioned bags made in Georgia for a good military friend in Texas.  I am looking forward to getting my sewing machines back and opening up shop again.  I guess, finding housing will be a good first step!  

Today, is my first full day in Korea.  I'm excited to adventure around base and see where I will be living for the next 3 years! 



No comments: