Friday, August 28, 2009

Snack Bags...

are fun! I spent all day in my sewing room trying to figure out what to make and trying out different things. I am trying to get some Christmas inspiration, which is proving difficult since it is still in the 90's here.

Here are two more snack bags that will get sent off tomorrow. These little things are rewarding to create and cute!
Here are two appliques that I tried out today too. I'm thinking ornaments, napkins, place mats, any ideas?

I'm also almost finished with my pinwheel quilt. I need to go to the fabric store to purchase some batting for it...or as my husband insists it is called "padding."

I visited my friend in Atlanta on Tuesday. We went to a mall in the Buckhead area. OMG! It was the nicest mall I have been to in a long time. It was quite a change from what was available in Texas or here in Augusta. I look forward to go back to Atlanta and explore more malls. I will need to do a lot of sewing to afford anything, but I am happy looking and wishing too. :-)

We are also waiting to hear about our next duty station!! We are hoping to go overseas next. The wait is pulling out all sorts of emotions. We are excited, nervous, anxious... We can only wait (insert Jeopardy song).

No comments: