Friday, March 12, 2010

Working Again

I've been a little absent this past week because we had our first visitor in Korea and I've started working again. There is a huge military training exercise that takes place every March in Korea, so my DH has been gone from about 6am to 10pm everyday since Feb 22. Luckily, there have been some "pauses" on the weekends, so he has only had to work 6-8 hours on the weekends.

This past weekend (March 6-7) our friend from the states was here because of the exercise. He was in the same unit as my husband when they were in Iraq, so it was good to see a familiar face again. We went with him to Itaewon for some shopping and dinner. It was kind of weird because our friend had to stay with other members of the group here. Almost like babysitting. The commander didn't want the guys to separate into groups less than 4. It was weird since all
the guys were officers. But, we dealt with it. Our friend was able to come to our apartment for some cookies though, so it was nice to show him where we live.
On Tuesday, March 9 I got a phone call from the school to say my substitute paperwork was all complete and I could start working. I wasn't sure how often I would be working...but Wednesday morning I got a call to come in for 1/2 the day. I worked in the nurses office. It was a good first assignment. I had never been in the building before and there isn't an orientation or anything, so I asked the nurse I worked with a lot of things about the school to try to get some bearings. On Thursday morning, I got another call to work in 1st grade. I was excited to be in a classroom. The kids were pretty good, and my teacher attitude/voice came back pretty easily. Today (Friday) is a teacher work day with no students, so I'm off. Getting back to work is kind of nice. I like having my day planned out more. Hopefully I will find out if I'm subbing early than the morning of my assignment, but for now...I'll just keep my phone at the bedside.

No comments: