Tuesday, September 29, 2009

PGA and Pleats

This weekend was spent visiting friends in Atlanta and going to the Tour of Champions PGA tour at East Lakes golf course. I'm not really a golf fanatic, but we were able to get in for free, so we decided why not chick it out?! We hung out at the 16th hole across from the Executive Box at the "Birdies for Braves" Military Outpost. It was very nice. There were free drinks, lunch from Chick-Filet and cake. I got to see Tiger Woods, Kenny Perry, Phil Mickelson and all of the others on the tour. Golf isn't a very exciting sport, but it was interesting to see the concentration on the players faces. It was definitely a different pace from UFC Fight nights!


On Thursday and Friday I worked on finishing the satin pleated purse. I'm pleased with the way it turned it out. It will be my "fall purse." I didn't take a picture of it fully completed, it's just missing the leather strap in these pictures.


I love the green lining I used in this purse. It has a magnetic closure, zipper pocket and two slide pockets. Doesn't it just say, "Fall' to you?

Today's project:
I made this little pennant banner to decorate for Autumn. I am trying not to accumulate "stuff" in our house because we will be moving and having to but everything into storage, but I thought this little project was too cute to pass up. I guess it will enjoy its time in storage for the next 2+ years.

No comments: