Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Some Bags

I wanted to show off some pictures of two completed bags. The one has been done awhile, but I never got around to taking pictures.

This is the front of the bag along with a rolled up diaper changing pad. I got a little creative with this changing pad and made the outside of it quilted squares. I guess the baby that will be changed using this pad, will have his bum changed in style. The other size has snugglie flannel. The great thing about this changing pad is that if it gets dirty you can just throw it in the wash.


The second picture shows the inside. There are loads of pockets. On the front wall there are 2 sliding pockets, on the back there are 3. On one end there are 2 places for bottles, and on the other end there are pen holders. I think it utilizes the inside walls well.
The final picture is a bag that I made for myself. I realized I was giving away all the things I made and never had a good example of some of the things I can do, so I made this bag a few months back. I added some color around the names to add a little extra flair. The ends just have velcro for the patches to attach. I really just wanted to try out some different things on this bag. I liked it so much that I kept it.
As for the rest of today I am battling a slight sore throat and earache. I haven't been sick in forever, which I guess was one benefit of teaching. After the first year of constant sickness, I built an immunity of steel. I guess I will need to get back into the classroom as some point to get my germ strength back! I'm looking forward to the possibility of teaching English while in Korea. Good thing I got my ESL certification while I was in Texas! Smart thinking!?!

No comments: